Applications are open for the Check Again Breakthrough Series Collaborative
Applications are open for health services to partner with us to spread and scale a penicillin allergy assessment and delabelling program for hospitalised Victorians to ensure they have access to the most appropriate and safe antibiotics.
Penicillins are a critical first line treatment for some bacterial infections (such as pneumonia) that can be life threatening. If a penicillin antibiotic cannot be prescribed, doctors are forced to use second line antibiotics, which may be more toxic and less effective.
- Increase access to essential antibiotics for Victorians with a penicillin allergy both now, and in the future
- Upskill your staff to assess penicillin allergies and delabel low-risk penicillin allergies
- Build improvement capability within your health service
- Establish processes to improve allergy documentation in alignment with National Standards
Who are we looking for?
Applications are open to all Victorian hospitals that provide care to people with a penicillin allergy. We are keen to partner with health services and teams from:
- Metropolitan, rural, or regional
- Subacute or acute
- Private or public
- Adult or paediatric
How to apply
We recommend the application is completed by the project lead with the executive sponsor.
- Review this document and the project charter for details about the opportunity.
- Confirm who will be in your team, including your executive sponsor.
- Complete the expression of interest form.
Applications have closed.
Please contact email@example.com for if you'd like further information or have any queries.