Expressions of interest now open for Breakthrough Series Collaborative
About this project
The Creating Age-Friendly Health Systems in Victoria Collaborative is a large-scale improvement project seeking to reduce harm and improve outcomes for older people by delivering care that is consistent with the 4Ms (what matters, mind, mobility and medication).
Around 20 health services will work together to test changes, measure their impact, and share what they learn, scaling improvements across the state.
This collaborative is designed for health services and residential aged care teams who are committed and ready to accelerate their work in improving outcomes and reducing harm for older people. Participation is open to all public and private health services and is free.
Who is eligible
- Public or privately funded Victorian health services in metropolitan, rural, and regional Victoria.
- Public or privately funded Victorian residential aged care facilities (RACFs) in metropolitan, rural, and regional Victoria.
Local age-friendly care area teams may include acute services, emergency departments, palliative care, rehabilitation, geriatric evaluation and management, and non-acute care (residential aged care and respite care).
Each site will need to nominate up to three local age-friendly care area teams within their organisation.
Participation requires the support of an executive sponsor and commitment from a multidisciplinary team.
You will be required to dedicate time to do the work. In our experience, optimal results are achieved when teams can devote at least 30 hours per week to the project (shared between team members) to:
- Complete a health service charter (setting aims and goals for the project team)
- Hold weekly team meetings
- Test changes using rapid Plan-Do-Study-Act cycles
- Collect data and plot results over time
- Complete and share reports for monthly calls (virtual) and learning sessions (in-person)
- Contribute to monthly collaborative online meetings and site visits
Please refer to the EOI pack and project charter for further details on selecting your team, key dates and events.
We held an information session for health and aged care services interested in joining the collaborative. Watch the session or download the slide pack.
How to apply
Review the information pack and project charter for more information about the collaborative.
Confirm who will be in your team, including your executive sponsor.
Complete the online expression of interest form.
Applications close 25 May 2022.
If you have any questions or require more information, email us.