How do heavy periods affect Victorian women?
Heavy menstrual bleeding (heavy periods) can affect up to one in four Australian women.
We’d like to hear from women to find out how heavy menstrual bleeding has affected their life, the decisions they made about their treatment, and how they made them.
We particularly want to hear from Victorian women who:
- Have experienced heavy periods in the last five years
- Have experienced heavy periods from 15 years of age
- Live in rural and regional Victoria
- Speak a language other than English at home
- Are considering, or have had, a hysterectomy.
The survey will take approximately seven minutes and all responses are completely anonymous.
This information will help us understand the factors that influence women’s understanding of heavy menstrual bleeding and their choice of treatment.
Best Care for Heavy Menstrual Bleeding
Regional Victoria leading the way to reduce hysterectomies
When the Australian Commission for Safety and Quality in Health Care found that hysterectomy rates varied significantly across Victoria, we worked with local experts to find out more.
6 April 2022