Safer Care Victoria's Cardiovascular Team
Safer Care Victoria invites you to attend a Clinical Conversation on hyper-acute stroke care. This webinar will explore the evidence and best practice strategies in providing care to patients presenting with acute stroke.
This will include discussions on the importance of pre-hospital stroke recognition and management, including the role of pre-hospital notification, Mobile Stroke Units and the newly developed Stroke Capable Ambulance model which is about to commence testing in an Australian-first trial.
First hand, real-world practice points will be discussed on how to improve door to needle times for thrombolysis-eligible patients, and door in-door out times for patients requiring inter-hospital transfers for thrombectomy.
Late time window imaging selection for thrombolysis (>4.5hours) and thrombectomy (>6hours) will also be discussed, as well as managing treatment eligibility and complications.
- Skye Coote Nursing Lead, Melbourne Mobile Stroke Unit
- Philip Choi Head of Stroke Services, Eastern Health
- Tanya Frost Acute Stroke Nurse, Eastern Health
- Henry Ma Director of Neurology, Monash Health
- Bruce Campbell Director of Neurology, Royal Melbourne Hospital
Page last updated: 27 Jul 2022