The Maternity and Newborn Clinical Network (Women and Children Centres of Clinical Excellence) Safer Care Victoria (SCV) are pleased to invite you to the Clinical Conversations Webinar series for clinicians to explore speciality areas of healthcare by sharing and discussing key learnings from lived experience in the sector.
This webinar will explore Interventions for vaccine preventable infections (influenza, pertussis and hepatitis B) in pregnancy, present research findings from three studies and discuss opportunities for improvement in delivery of influenza, pertussis, and hepatitis B vaccinations and care to women and their infants to prevent infection during and post pregnancy in Victoria.
This presentation will include findings from:
- A study linking 690,052 mother-child pairs from 2009-2017 and examining hepatitis B birth dose uptake, factors affecting uptake and mother to child transmission (MTCT) of hepatitis B.
- Two surveys to understand systems, clinical practice and barriers to the care delivery of maternal influenza, pertussis vaccinations, and hepatitis B interventions to prevent MTCT.
- A qualitative study on how women with hepatitis B understand and experience the prevention of MTCT.
Speakers and facilitators:
- Nafisa Yussf - Social Researcher, WHO Collaborating Centre for Viral Hepatitis, The Doherty Institute.
- Dr Nicole Allard – Epidemiologist, General Practitioner, WHO Collaborating Centre for Viral Hepatitis, The Doherty Institute.