Safer Care Victoria
Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC) 1 Convention Centre Place South Wharf, VIC 3006
We're hosting a Hospital acquired complications (HACs) summit to take a deep dive into data and HAC trends during times of high system pressure. A review of 16 preventable HACs showed trending increases in six monitored indicators that correlated with COVID-19 peaks (times of high system pressure).
The HAC summit will focus on data use and practical system level processes to improve clinical care and patient outcomes during times of increased pressure in the health system.
Expert presentations and peer to peer learning on data and practical system level processes to prevent future increasing HAC trends during times of high system pressure.
Natasha at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hospital acquired complications resources
- Resources for investigation of hospital acquired complications
- Clinical evaluation of the national hospital acquired complication program
- Hospital acquired complications – the relative importance of hospital and patient related factors
- Severe acute maternal morbidity trends in Victoria
- Hospital acquired complications information kit (individual resources) or combined information kit.
Useful Safer Care Victoria projects and tools
- Falls resulting in fracture or intracranial injury
- Bloodstream infections
- Multidrug resistant organisms
- Unplanned intensive care unit admission
- Respiratory complications
- Medication complications
- Cardiac complications
- Third- and fourth-degree perineal laceration during delivery
- Neonatal birth trauma
- National preterm birth prevention collaborative
Page last updated: 09 Feb 2023