Safer Care Victoria
Date & Time
This webinar will assist clinicians in regional and rural health services in Victoria to prepare for and implement the duty of candour and associated reforms.
New resources and guidance developed by SCV will be introduced, along with strategies to support compliance and best practice at your service.
From 30 November 2022, the Act will:
- Create a statutory duty of candour to ensure patients who are seriously harmed in a health service receive:
- an apology
- the facts of the incident
- the service’s response
- the steps the service is taking to prevent reoccurrence.
- Extend protections for apologies offered by health services for harm suffered by patients.
- Introduce protections for serious adverse patient safety event reviews conducted by health services.
- Establish a Chief Quality & Safety Officer role with the power to conduct quality and safety reviews within health services.
This webinar will assist health services to prepare for and implement the duty of candour and associated reforms.
- Lanii Birks - Acting Manager, Patient Safety, Experience and Response
- Nicole Youngs - Senior Project Officer
- Priya Rangarajan - Senior Project Officer
Who should attend?
Clinicians from regional and rural health services
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last updated: 12 Jul 2022