Safer Care Victoria
Just Culture is part of a safety culture that enables a workplace where employees feel safe to report adverse patient safety events.
Delivered over two half-day workshops, the Just Culture program contains modules that provide health service senior leaders and nominated Just Culture champions with the skills, knowledge, and resources they need to be able to deliver SCV’s Just Culture in Healthcare workshops within their organisation.
This package includes the application of Just Culture principles which apply to clinician’s daily work, as well as to adverse patient
Who should register?
A health service senior leader is required to register their service and will later be requested to nominate identified Just Culture champions.
- Day 1 (Train the Trainer) | 9 am – 12 pm, 3 hours (online)
- Day 2 (Just Culture) | 9 am – 1 pm, 4 hours (online)
The Train the trainer workshop
The workshop will cover:
- Principles of adult learning
- Facilitating for different communication styles
- Tips for effective facilitation
The Just Culture in healthcare workshop
The workshop will cover
- Defining Just Culture and Safety culture
- The concepts of systems thinking and shared accountability
- Cognitive bias management
- Practical application of Just Culture principles
At the completion of the two workshop sessions, health service attendees will receive the Just Culture Toolkit containing the following resources:
- Guide to Just Culture Thinking
- Pre-reading resources
- Slide decks (for both sessions)
- Detailed facilitator’s guide
- Workshop feedback forms
- Workshop agenda templates
How to register?
Register for the workshop here.
Upon completion of this form, you will receive an email to nominate participants (senior leaders and Just Culture champions) from your health service.
For more information, please contact the Clinical Governance and Safety Capability Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
RSVP: (by 14/03/2022 or until sold out)
Page last updated: 06 Mar 2023