Liz is a registered nurse who has worked in management roles for the past 20 years in metropolitan Melbourne including Day Procedure, CSSD, infection prevention and control as a nurse consultant.
Areas that interest Liz include patient safety, education in improvements in clinical practice and Ways of Working. Liz currently oversees the Innovation and Improvement work for the health service.
Liz also has post graduate qualifications in immunisation, infection prevention and control, and perioperative nursing.
- Developing and implementing the ERH Patient Safety program 2020-2022
- Gathering and reporting the data on ERH Hospital Acquired Complications (HACs) 2020-2021
- Developing and implementing the Back to the Bedside program for nursing staff 2020
- Developing the ERH Quality Register 2020
- Developing the ERH Innovation and Research committee 2020-2021
Why I do what I do
"I do what I do because I have a passion for improvement in clinical practice, the ways we work and patient safety.
"I love getting staff excited and passionate about improvement work and making a difference, no matter how small."