Mood disorders affect one in three patients post stroke and can significantly impact rehabilitation and quality of life. However, audits show rates of mood screening in Australia is low.
We will modify and test a successful subacute stroke improvement project, including a mood screening and management tool.
This project is running in one inpatient rehabilitation ward at a regional health service.
- Improved mood screening rates and timeliness for stroke patients.
- Improved confidence in managing mood disorders in stroke patients.
- # patients screened for mood disorder whilst an inpatient in hospital
- # staff competent to perform screening
- # staff completing education and training on mood screening and post stroke depression.