Monitor is a key VAHI report used by health services CEOs and Boards to monitor performance against the Victorian health services Performance Monitoring Framework (the Framework).
It is produced monthly, quarterly and annually to help health services track their performance against the four performance domains contained in the Framework:
- High quality and safe care
- Strong governance, leadership and culture
- Timely access to care
- Effective financial management.
For the 2019–20 reporting year, there is a new look and new content for the Monitor report. These changes address improvements suggested by health services through VAHI’s 2018 stakeholder consultation survey, as well as by the Department of Health and Human Services and Safer Care Victoria.
The new Monitor now reflects the Framework more closely by presenting all associated indicators in a single report. This will assist with streamlining monitoring and review capacity. Statement of Priorities indicators are highlighted in the dashboard and a logo on relevant pages clearly distinguishes them from the indicators that support the Framework more broadly.
Other key changes include:
- Where possible, we have incorporated timeseries charts or extended existing ones to present longer trend periods. This is to better support monitoring of improvement over time, including seasonal variation or sustained performance.
- For some measures (for example, unplanned readmission), we have included timeseries charts and control limits to assist interpretation of results. They provide a simple visualisation of the outlier/inlier status as it occurred over time, based on the funnel plot information.
- We have provided additional information in columns next to the charts assist interpretation. For example, response rates for People Matter Survey or number of actual respondents for the Victorian Patient Experience Survey questions.
- We have also given the report a general refresh to standardise visualisation of graphs and presentation of pages throughout.
We hope you find the new design, content and layout of the reports useful. As always, VAHI welcomes your feedback on how we can further improve the reports to meet your needs.
If you have any queries, please contact Mary Manescu, Director, Health System Reporting, via email@example.com