Cost recovery has now been implemented for all data requests received from academic and clinical researchers, to ensure the sustainability of the Victorian Agency for Health Information’s data services.
From 1 October 2021, this includes requests through the Centre for Victorian Data Linkage (CVDL). Note that cost recovery does not apply to requests from Victorian Government agencies and Victorian public health services.
The shift to a cost-recovery model is in response to rapidly increasing demand for data services over recent years. We need to make these changes to ensure the sustainability of VAHI staffing and technical infrastructure.
The changes bring the CVDL into line with other state-based and Commonwealth linkage service which already charge for linkage services.
- Data linkage services will be charged at $1200 per day. Cost recovery only applies to CVDL applications received after 1 October 2021.
- The CVDL will liaise with researchers to understand the scope and requirements of their project and a cost estimate will be provided.
- New applications can be lodged through the CVDL website.
- For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Following a review of the trial and feedback received, cost recovery has been implemented on a permanent basis for DRH requests.
- Cost recovery applies to all requests received through the DataRequest Hub, except perinatal data requests (responded to by Safer Care Victoria) and those requests from Victorian Government agencies and Victorian public health services.
- Customers are charged at a rate of $108 per hour (+GST) to fulfil their request, with a minimum of 4 hours charged for each request.
- All data requests can be lodged via the Hub - https://vahi.freshdesk.com/support/home
We will always keep you updated in advance of any changes to our cost recovery model – subscribing to VAHI news is one great way to stay informed.