Health workers will have a greater say in the development and delivery of higher quality healthcare in Victoria, following the release of a new framework for clinician engagement.
Safer Care Victoria (SCV) has released Clinicians as partners, a framework detailing how SCV will involve clinicians in the quality, safety, improvement and innovation of the health system.
The framework, which will be reviewed and updated regularly, commits SCV to key activities including:
- measuring clinician engagement and sharing relevant outcome measures with clinicians
- developing a compact between SCV and clinicians
- facilitating the spread and uptake of best practice
- amplifying the work of the clinical networks and collaborating with various sector bodies, including the Victorian Clinical Council
- improving the capacity and capability for clinicians to participate in the improvement agenda.