Join us online on Tuesday 11 July, 2–3pm to learn about the outcomes of maternity services involved in Safer Care Victoria’s Better Births and Safer Baby collaboratives. You’ll hear from Monash Health and Western Health on sustaining these initiatives to improve outcomes for mothers.
Safer Care Victoria, through the Maternity and Newborn Learning Health Network, works with maternity services to test and spread evidence-based care bundles to the rates of stillbirth and of third- and fourth-degree perineal tears.
Elisa McDonald, Maternity Unit Manager, Western Health – Bacchus Marsh
Karen Brown, Maternity Unit Manager, Monash Health – Dandenong
In this webinar, you’ll hear how Western Health has:
- used the Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s Model for Improvement to implement clinical practice change
- adapted the Women’s Healthcare Australasia Perineal Protection Bundle to develop their unique SUPPORT project
- developed an internal Perineal Dashboard as a reliable source of real-time data.
You will hear how Monash Health has:
- effectively used the Stillbirth Centre for Research Excellence (CRE) Safer Baby Bundle to reduce avoidable stillbirths
- improved reporting and response to reduced fetal movements in pregnancy
- improved shared decision-making about timing of birth.
Find out more about the work of the Maternity and Newborn Learning Health Network.