We're seeking to establish a Guideline Governance Committee and Expert Working Groups that possess knowledge of guideline development processes and research methodology. Consumers and First Nations people are encouraged to apply.
Who should apply?
- An overarching Governance Committee will be formed to endorse updated guidance and resolve areas of concern, comprising of senior and experienced maternity and newborn leaders from health services across the state.
- Two Expert Working Groups will be formed to assist the Guidance team to update the maternity and neonatal eHandbooks. State-wide expertise is sought from across both disciplines from clinicians who are familiar with guideline development processes.
- We also invite representation from Consumers and First Nations people who have an interest in the development of state-wide maternity and newborn guidelines. In particular, those with recent experience of Victorian maternity and newborn services.
About the opportunity
The Governance Committee will be responsible for the oversight and endorsement of updated guidelines and offer advice to resolve contention, where evidence is lacking or equivocal.
Expert Working Groups
The Expert Working Groups will join the Guidance team to review the content of each guideline in the eHandbooks, analyse the latest high-level evidence, present evidence tables, and make recommendations for inclusion or change to existing guidelines. At this stage, no new guidelines will be created, unless they form part of existing guidelines to be merged.
Consumer and First Nations representation is essential to updating these guidelines. Their contribution will be as an equal partner in the work, their voice will be heard and respected.
Expected time commitment: approximately 8-10 hours per month. The tenure of the groups will be dependent upon the time to complete the guideline updates or two years from commencement.
How do I apply?
Fill out the Expression of interest form, clearly indicating which group you would like to be part of.
Email the form, along with your curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed by a Safer Care Victoria panel. All applicants will be notified if they have been shortlisted. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the Guidance team for an informal discussion prior to formalising appointments.
Applications close 11:59pm Sunday 18 June 2023.
- EOI Form
- Maternity and Newborn Clinical Guidance eHandbooks Committees EOI
- Maternity and Neonatal eHandbook Expert Working Groups
- Victorian Maternity and Neonatal eHandbooks
For more information, contact any of the clinical guidance team at email@example.com.