We are seeking 8 clinicians with a passion for driving positive change for the health of all Victorians, to join our May 2023-24 SCV Fellowship program.
Our 12-month program is a fantastic opportunity to build health sector skill and capability to lead change and improve healthcare quality and patient safety. We invite you to collaborate with us on priority improvement projects in 2023.
Who should apply?
We are looking for mid-career clinicians from all fields and specialities to lead a number of priority projects with SCV. Your application for the program needs be endorsed by your health service manager.
Why you should apply?
- Get a different perspective on healthcare improvement.
- Develop improvement science skills to lead and drive system change.
- Contribute to delivery of a state-wide improvement or safety project.
- Learn valuable project management skills, including resourcing, timelines, monitoring and evaluation.
- Benefit from a 12-month tailored learning program around change management and leadership.
Safety Fellows Team from 2021-22
Submit your application now
Please read the position description and apply by submitting the following documents:
- a short cover letter. If you wish to apply to participate in the program part time, please indicate your preferred hours (minimum of 0.8 FTE) and your preferred working days.
- an up-to-date CV of no more than three pages
- one page that answers the following questions:
- where will you be in five years’ time in your career and how will this opportunity help you achieve this goal?
- what unique elements will you bring to the Fellow’s cohort in 2023?
- a letter from your direct line manager supporting your Fellowship application. This letter should confirm your online attendance if shortlisted at an assessment day on Tuesday 4 April 2023 and, if successful, that you can start on Monday 22 May 2023.
Email your completed documents to Fellowsprogram@safercare.vic.gov.au by midnight Sunday 19 March 2023.
Applications close midnight Sunday 19 March 2023.
If you are shortlisted, you must be available to attend an assessment day online via Microsoft Teams on Tuesday 4 April 2023 and, if successful, a virtual panel interview the following week.
Please note the program starts on Monday 22 May 2023. Successful Fellows are expected to commence on this date.
For general information about the SCV Fellows program, please review the Information for applicants.
You can also review the FAQ for applicants document.
If you cannot find an answer to your query here, please email Fellowsprogram@safercare.vic.gov.au for assistance.