We're establishing a faculty to bring together consumers, carers/family/support persons, academics, clinical and non-clinical staff to support and consult on the improvement work to improve sexual safety within Victorian mental health inpatient units
Who should apply?
We are looking for:
- Consumers who have received mental health care in our inpatient units with an interest in sexual safety.
- Carers/family/support persons of a consumer who has received mental health care in our inpatient units, with an interest in sexual safety
- Clinical and Non-Clinical Staff who have worked within a mental health inpatient unit with an interest in sexual safety.
- Academics who have studied the area of sexual safety within mental health inpatient settings and who can respectfully advocate for others and want to work with us to make sure that the experiences and perspectives of all impacted by harmful sexual incidences are pivotal to all our work.
Are you someone who is:
- Passionate about or have experience with sexual safety in mental health care?
- Recognised for your understanding of the experiences of consumers, carers/family/support persons, Clinical and non-clinical staff in mental health acute settings?
- Recognised for your commitment to improving safety and quality of mental health care in Victoria?
- An effective communicator with strong stakeholder engagement and collaboration skills?
If this is you, we’d love to hear from you!
Why you should apply
This opportunity will enable you to:
- Use your valuable experiences in receiving or providing mental health care to offer a voice in our approach and priorities
- Influence better outcomes and experiences for all within mental health inpatient units, in the area of sexual safety
- Participate in networking within SCV and the Victorian mental health care sector.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact:
Mary Tsiros, Project Lead, Mental Health Improvement Program
How to apply
To apply please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, include ‘Improving Sexual Safety Faculty – Application’ in the subject line and attach a completed application form.
In your email please include:
- Your name, preferred email address and contact number for response.
- Which representation you are applying for – consumer, carer/family/support person, clinical staff, non-clinical staff or academic
- Provide information on any additional experience or representation of diversity
- Responses to the following questions in the application form:
- Why have you chosen to apply for this faculty seat?
- What skills and experience would you bring to the role?
- Have you had any experience working with others to improve mental health care?
The application form is available here.
Applications close 5 pm Wednesday 30th November 2022
Last updated 20 Oct 2022
Last updated 20 Oct 2022