Expressions of interest have now closed.
By July 2020 we're aiming to significantly reduce the rate of stillbirths in Victoria, through the Safer Baby Collaborative.
We've teamed up with the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) to improve outcomes for mothers and their babies and we're inviting health services across the state to join.
About the Safer Baby Collaborative
In Victoria the stillbirth rate is 6.2 per 1000 births. Research suggests that many of these are avoidable. There is also considerable low awareness of the risk factors for stillbirth. We're aiming to reduce stillbirth during the third trimester by 30 per cent in participating health services.
The collaborative will run from April 2019 to June 2020, with the first learning session taking place in June.
We will focus on five key aspects of care:
- Increasing public awareness of the importance of fetal movements
- Diagnosis and management of fetal growth restriction
- Improving rates of smoking cessation in pregnancy
- Raising awareness of safe maternal sleep positions
- Promoting appropriate timing of birth and mitigating unintended consequences or harm.
- Improve outcomes for mothers and babies in Victoria
- Access improvement science support from an industry coach
- Participate in workshops to facilitate peer-to-peer learning and knowledge sharing across the sector
- Join a secure online community to network and share lessons
How to apply
Read our information pack below to find out what's involved.
Download the application form.
Submit your completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Friday 10 May 2019.
0433 076 611