Read Board reports on activity under the Voluntary Assisted Dying Act 2017.
This portal is for medical practitioners only. You can use it to access and submit forms and permit applications under Victoria’s voluntary assisted dying laws.
If you're a member of the public seeking further information on voluntary assisted dying, please contact the Statewide Care Navigator Service on (03) 8559 5823 or email@example.com. Alternatively, you can find further information on the Department of Health website.
The Voluntary Assisted Dying Portal is where medical practitioners can:
- complete and submit all forms required for voluntary assisted dying
- apply for a self-administration permit or a practitioner administration permit to prescribe a voluntary assisted dying medication.
Note: To use this portal, you must first complete the approved assessment training and then register for an account.
How to use the portal
Follow the steps below to start using the portal.
Step 1 Complete training
Step 2 Register for a portal account
To register, you’ll need:
- a secure, personal email address
- your AHPRA registration number
- evidence of current college membership or vocational registration
- identity documents to a total of 100 points.
The Voluntary Assisted Dying Review Board will email you once your account has been approved so you can access the full portal.
Have a question about how to use the portal?
Important information about the portal
All forms must be submitted through the portal. Paper forms will not be available or accepted by the Voluntary Assisted Dying Review Board.
All portal users must read the Voluntary Assisted Dying Portal privacy statement. This details how your information will be stored, shared and used by the Voluntary Assisted Dying Review Board.
We recommend that patients seeking access to voluntary assisted dying read the fact sheet Information for patients about their data to understand how their information will be collected, used and shared.
Voluntary Assisted Dying Review Board
The Voluntary Assisted Dying Review Board oversees the safe operation of the Voluntary Assisted Dying Act 2017, which came into effect on 19 June 2019.
The board reviews and monitors voluntary assisted dying activities in Victoria.
Its responsibilities include:
- promoting and ensuring compliance with the Voluntary Assisted Dying Act 2017
- reporting to Parliament and referring any potential issues or breaches to the appropriate authorities
- collecting data about voluntary assisted dying
- providing information to the community while maintaining the privacy of individuals involved.
The board reviews all assessments and forms submitted for voluntary assisted dying retrospectively.
The board does not:
- grant or refuse applications for voluntary assisted dying
- participate as coordinating or consulting medical practitioners in voluntary assisted dying assessments.