Launched in 2021, the sentinel events portal is a quick, easy and secure way for Victorian health services to report sentinel event information.
Replacing downloaded forms, the portal allows you to:
- manage and securely store sensitive and confidential review documentation in health service-specific sections only accessible to you
- designate access to nominated users in your health service
- confidentially share draft documents internally first, providing an electronic approval trail before submitting to SCV
- set alerts for upcoming due dates.
For ease of reporting and record keeping, we encourage you to use the portal to store your working documents. You have full control over what information is visible to us, and we are not able to open documents until they are submitted.
Access the portal
To gain access, please complete an onboarding form and submit it to us.
Please let us know if users change roles or leave your health service. We will remove access in one business day or less.
Learn how to use the portal
1. Join one of our monthly virtual drop-in sessions. Check our events calendar for the next session.
2. Watch our online training materials.
3. Request individual training for your health service by contacting us.
Page last updated: 31 Jan 2022