This rapid report by the Consultative Council on Obstetric and Paediatric Mortality and Morbidity examines 10 key maternity indicators for 2020 and compares these with similar time points in 2018 and 2019.
This snapshot will inform the ongoing COVID-19 response in Victoria and contribute to national and international data on the effects of the pandemic.
The outcomes reported are:
- Preterm births
- Unexpected stillbirth
- Unplanned maternity and newborn readmissions
- Fetal growth restriction
- Large for gestational age
- Low Apgar score
- Severe pre-eclampsia/eclampsia
- Born before arrival
- Admission to special care nursery/neonatal intensive care units at term excluding congenital anomalies
- Undiagnosed congenital anomalies
Please note: The findings in this report are preliminary. The data have yet to go through the usual validation processes due to the need for the timely publication of this report.